Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 in Review

Here is a status update of how things have been progressing since I began this project.

1. My single has been remixed and will be ready for release on Deep Garnet Records in mid-late January.

2. I have been asked to do a remix of another of the label's to be released tracks and that is nearly complete. The original isn't really what I would go out of my way to listen to, but I was asked to do a deep, dark and non-dancefloor orientated remix. I saw it as a huge challenge. Especially considering I have only ever done one other remix before - a-duff vs quench: broken dreams 2014 - something I was itching to get my teeth into ever since I first got my Maschine Studio.

3. My soundcloud account now has 28 followers and has had 435 listens.

4. I have updated my studio with a set of Pioneer S-DJ50X speakers. I can't wait to have a listen and I'm sure it will be a welcome addition to use these monitors instead of my beautiful and trusty Audio-Technica ATH-M50x which I was pleasantly surprised to find probably my favourite Australian DJ/Producer ever in Jaytech also uses them!

What are my plans in 2015?

I have some promising non-breaks projects I would like to get out as well as a couple more 8-bit inspired tech-breaks goodness. A lot depends on my upcoming releases with Deep Garnett Records. Hopefully I can crack 100 soundcloud followers in 2015 and get some of my tracks played by some cool dj's in their sets and some local radio airplay to boot!

Signing out,

Aaron